Want to get started as quickly as possible? Here we go.
- Get the Atmel Toolchain for your platform. 3.4.3 for AVR 8-bit is the one you want.
- Unpack the toolchain somewhere useful. Note down where that was!
- Get a copy of avrdude, at least version 6.01.
- Grab libkakapo from the git master here: https://github.com/dave2/libkakapo
- Unpack it, and “cd examples/blink”
- Edit “Makefile”. Remember where you unpacked the toolchain, well edit “TOOLBASE” to suit.
- Also while you’re there, edit “AVRDUDE” to point to your avrdude binary.
- `make`; and then `make program`
- Bask in the awesomeness that is your PE2 LED blinking.